I’m a GIS Software Consultant with over fifteen years of experience developing software solutions. Armed with a sound technical skill set, I guide clients through complex development and GIS technology decisions from conceptual design to software implementation.
- Career GIS software developer. ESRI ArcGIS Server web-based systems, ArcGIS Desktop extensions / add-ins, and ArcEngine stand-alone applications.
- Microsoft C# .NET developer. Desktop applications, web-based systems, Windows services, web services, multithreading, object oriented architecture.
- Open Source GIS developer. Contribute to the SharpMap open source GIS component as a developer. Proponent of Linux GIS solutions using Ubuntu, Geoserver, OpenLayers, PostgreSql/PostGIS, etc.
- Strong emphasis on estimation, requirements, design, and overall project management using software development best practices.
- Experienced in implementing and administering software development lifecycle systems; including source control, continuous integration, automated builds, issue tracking, coding standards, and unit testing.
arwenvaughan [at] gmail [dot] com