I have 20+ years of experience developing custom software solutions and building client relationships. Armed with a sound technical skill set, I guide clients through complex software development and GIS technology decisions from conceptual design to software implementation.
- Career GIS software developer. ESRI ArcGIS Server web-based systems, ArcGIS Desktop & Pro extensions / add-ins, ArcPro add-ins, and ArcEngine stand-alone applications.
- Microsoft C# .NET developer. Console, desktop, web-based / cloud systems, windows services, web services, multi-threading, asynchronous programming, object oriented architecture.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS). Extensive experience with both development and IT infrustructure tools, including EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, RDS, Code Pipeline (Commit, Build, etc.).
- Open Source GIS developer. Contribute to the SharpMap open source GIS component as a developer. Proficient in alternative Linux GIS solutions using Ubuntu, Geoserver, OpenLayers, PostgreSql/PostGIS, etc.
- Strong emphasis on Agile and the SDLC: estimation, requirements, design, and overall project management using software development best practices.
- Experience building DevOps systems to automate all aspects of the SDLC; including Automated Build, Test, Configure, & Continuous Deployment.
- Experienced implementing and administering software development lifecycle systems; including source control, continuous integration, automated builds, issue tracking, coding standards, and unit testing.
arwenvaughan [at] gmail [dot] com